The Culinary Manager is responsible for the financial and staffing operations of the kitchen and processing. Providing a supportive role to the Kitchen Manager and Processing Manager in the financial reporting, inventory management and ordering. This position will report to the director of operations and will be accountable for the overall standards of culinary operations and product production. This position requires some hands-on activities like filling gaps in the production line and kitchen to ensure efficiency and product standards. Additional responsibilities include weekly sales reports, budget forecasting and staffing costs. Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work in tight spaces.
Operating Philosophy and Behaviors:
Feed & Seed Co. believes that every member of our team is responsible for making value-added contributions to benefit our organization. This is to be accomplished by honoring our guiding principles and participating constructively to obtain our organizational goals. Your personal commitment to this philosophy will enable Feed & Seed Co. to remain competitive in today’s hospitality marketplace.
Feed & Seed Co. believes that every member of our team must consistently model the behavior of Servant Leadership:
- Honor Others (Before Yourself)
- Inspire Vision (Before Setting The Course)
- Choose Ethics (Before Profit)
- Empower Others (Before Personal Gain)
- Privilege People (Before Tasks)
- Balance Focus with Flexibility (Before Making Decisions)
- Serve With Humility (Before All Else)
- Maintains a professional image, including personal appearance, verbiage, and body language, at all times.
- Warmly greets both guests and co-workers every time they come in contact.
- Actively listens to guests, responding appropriately to their questions and/or concerns. Seeks guidance and/or assistance from others to ensure satisfaction.
- Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others, as needed.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following proper safety guidelines in matters of attire, utilizing protective gear, and following safety procedures.
- Continuously monitors the surroundings at work, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security, or building upkeep issues. Reports discrepancies to the proper department.
- Makes a genuine effort to identify and seize each opportunity to satisfy our guests.
Essential Duties and Requirements of the Job:
Assists lead management in managing and executing production and department budgets in both processing and kitchen.
- Well-trained on the operation of kitchen equipment, including slicer, food processor, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixer.
- Understands how to read and prepare monthly P&L sheets
- Understands how to write and cost recipes to department standards
- Follow standardized Feed & Seed Co.
- Prepare and serve food according to approved menus and standardized recipes while keeping waste to a minimum
- Turn on all equipment needed for daily prep (steamer, food warmers, ovens, hoods and tilt skillet)
- Communicate with management any product or service issues or opportunities for the kitchen area
- Embrace change and deliver top results no matter the obstacle
- Assists chef, cooks and other kitchen staff in preparation of menu items by prepping various ingredients including vegetables, fruits, salad dressings
- Deliver/stock supply items in designated areas in an accurate and timely manner
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores plates, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Changes water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels, and properly uses chemical dilutions.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains storage areas and the organization of storage shelves.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Culinary degree / certification a plus
- ServSafe certification a plus
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Good verbal communication and customer service
- Teamwork / positivity
- Detail Oriented / Thoroughness
- High Standards / Professionalism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk. Must be able to be on your feet for an extended period of time. Must be able to reach, bend and lift up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have exposure to various chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to varying temperatures in the restaurant area, ranging from -10-100 or more degrees. May have exposure to outside weather conditions.
Dealing with different types of people and set goals can be stimulating but demanding. Due to the nature of this work, this job requires a flexible schedule with varying work hours.
To apply, complete the application at https://feedandseedsc.com/employment/ or email your resume to email@example.com