Feed & Seed Co.'s Health Policy
It is the policy of Feed & Seed Co., located at 701 Easley Bridge Road, Suite 6010, Greenville SC 29611, in an effort to prevent the transmission of diseases through food by infected food service volunteers, to reference South Carolina Regulation 61-25, Section 2-103.11(O)-(P). These sections provide guidance for the exclusion, restriction, and reinstatement of ill employees who have been observed or have reported their health status and related health conditions related to preventing the transmission of illnesses due to Norovirus, Salmonella Typhi, Shigella ssp., Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC), nontyphoidal Salmonella, or Hepatitis A virus.
The purpose of this policy is to inform food service volunteers of their responsibility to notify the Person in Charge (PIC) when they experience any of the conditions listed so that the PIC can take appropriate steps to prevent the transmission of foodborne illness.
The food service volunteer MUST report to the PIC the onset of the following symptoms, either while at work or outside of work, to include the date of onset:
• Sore throat with fever
• Infected cuts, wounds, or lesions (containing pus on the hand, wrist, or any other exposed body part) and
cuts, wounds, or lesions that are not properly covered (such as boils and infected wounds).
The food service volunteer MUST report to the PIC any diagnosis of the following illnesses:
• Typhoid Fever (Salmonella Typhi)
• Shigellosis (Shigella ssp. Infection)
• Escherichia coli 0157:H7 or other STEC infection
• Nontyphoidal Salmonella
• Hepatitis A (Hepatitis A virus infection)
The food service volunteer MUST report to the PIC any exposures to foodborne pathogens such as:
• Exposure to, or suspicion of causing, any confirmed disease outbreak of Norovirus, Typhoid Fever, Shigellosis, E. coli 0157:H7 or other STEC infection, or Hepatitis A.
• Exposure to a household member diagnosed with Norovirus, Typhoid Fever, Shigellosis, illness due to STEC, or Hepatitis A.
• Exposure to a household member who visits or works in a location experiencing a confirmed disease outbreak of Norovirus, Typhoid Fever, Shigellosis, E. coli 0157:H7 or other STEC infection, or Hepatitis A.