FOODSHARE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Feed & Seed Co., a nonprofit food hub in Greenville (SC), operates the FoodShare fresh food box program for Pickens & Oconee Counties. Through this program, we provide affordable boxes of fresh produce every other week at locations in Easley, Clemson and Seneca. The goal of the program is to increase fresh food access throughout our community.
We are currently hiring a full-time FoodShare Program Coordinator to support program success and expand the program to more families throughout Pickens County. This paid full-time position will include leading box distributions for Pickens County every other week and strategically growing the overall program for both Pickens & Oconee, more details below.
LOCATION: Based in the office at Feed & Seed Co. (Judson Mill, Greenville) but active in Pickens County, with potential to work remotely when possible.
- Lead current FoodShare box distribution site, including: set up box pickup day, processing box payments and order sign ups, interacting with customers, etc.
- Lead box packing days with volunteers.
- Maintain box orders in the FoodShare online platform (OneBox).
- Accepting Payments for box orders (Clover).
- Assisting with Social Media strategy and posts.
- Designing and printing recipe cards for food boxes.
- Coordinating with designated contact at partner sites, as needed.
- Making pick up a day reminder calls for any late pick ups, as needed.
- Researching and executing new ways to expand the program in the Pickens Co community.
- Researching and executing plans for overall program improvement.
- Representing FoodShare fresh food box program at occasional community events and meetings.
- Attending FoodShare meetings statewide.
- Collaborate with community partners and organizations to increase awareness for FoodShare and align with community needs.
- Potentially setting up and running distribution for additional distribution sites in the Pickens Co.
- Coordinating with Feed & Seed, especially Director of Food Access, on a regular basis. We will work closely with you to ensure you’re set up for success!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a clean, professional appearance.
- Be experienced and committed to working respectfully with diverse people groups.
- Be passionate about increasing fresh food access for all and supporting the mission of Feed & Seed through the FoodShare fresh food box program.
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and be able to articulate the program to a variety of audiences
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent customer service skills, demonstrating problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Be able to learn new technologies and systems.
- Have reliable transportation to travel for work requirements, especially in Pickens County.
- Have a reliable laptop computer to access order management system
- Be willing to undergo a background check.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in relevant areas (human services, community health, nutrition), but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and computer skills, including: internet, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and office equipment.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language skills are a huge benefit in this role, but not required.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work standing up for at least a few hours indoors or outdoors.
- Work Environment: Frequent travel required (50%), Office and/or warehouse setting (50%).
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Computer or tablet to access order management system
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Pay starts at $14/hour
- Flexible work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
How to Apply:
Please fill out the online application at https://feedandseedsc.com/employment/ or send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
More information about Feed & Seed its program Pickens & Oconee can be found at: www.feedandseedsc.com/foodshare